Design makes the difference between a decent painting and an unforgettable work of art. Learn from 26 modern masters as they bare their souls and their secrets for crafting magnificent works that delight the eye at every viewing. Daniel Greene, Albert Handell, Jan Kunz, James Toogood and 22 other award-winning artists share notable insights and practical advice for making a painting succeed no matter what the subject.
Packed with beautiful, inspiring paintings and a wealth of advice and instruction, this invaluable reference will show you how to:
- Lay out a composition that best places and supports your focal point
- Arrange contrasts of value, shape and color for optimum impact
- Balance simplicity and detail to suit your subject, statement and style
- Enhance your painting strengths and improve weak points
- Do away with complacency and become an artistic risk-taker
Discover the secrets of great composition and take your art to new heights of excellence!