Tailored to the specific needs of paralegal students, Basic Legal Writing for Paralegals, Third Edition offers a modern approach to effective legal writing. The authors provide comprehensive coverage in a readable, accessible format.
Focused exclusively on legal writing material relevant to paralegals, Basic Legal Writing for Paralegals provides:
- An overview of the legal system that contextualizes the different types of writing covered in the text
- Step-by-step instruction on the writing process, leading students through each stage of legal writing, from prewriting strategies to revising
- Thorough coverage of the IRAC method, how to synthesize cases and authorities, legal memoranda, persuasive writing, in-house and objective client documents, and letters
- A practical approach that focuses on the paralegal's actual role in the law office
- Excellent pedagogy for students, including examples, exhibits, expert writing tips, exercises, practice tips, ethics alerts, and web resources
- Detailed subheadings that offer quick access to topics
- Helpful appendices on citation and sample legal memoranda
- An in-depth Instructor's Manual with sample syllabi, sample tests and memos, as well as discussion topics and in-class exercises
New to the Third Edition:
- A revised chapter on Case Briefing is more accessible and now includes additional exercises on briefing cases
- Websites are updated throughout
- New Net Notes and Practice Pointers keep the book fresh and up-to-date
- The updated citation appendix reflects the 18th edition of the Bluebook and the 3rd edition of the ALWD Citation Manual and includes new citation exercises
*Instructor's Manuals are a professional courtesy offered to professors only. For more information or to request a copy, please contact Aspen Publishers at 800-950-5259 or email@example.com.