Focus Group: A Practical Guide for Applied Research was the standard for learning how to conduct a focus group. This highly acclaimed book in its third edition includes numerous updates and improvements:
- Vignettes drawn from small and large focus groups that illustrate problems that come up and effective ways to resolve the issues.
- Designing questions for asking effective questions to draw out a group and how to refine them based on the groups responses.
- Collaborative Approach updated to address the latest ways to implement the empowerment and action research.
- Budgeting how to more effectively budget for a focus group
- Coding how to more effectively use existing software packages to code and analyze the results of a focus group.