In thirty-seven original essays written for this book, some of the world's leaders in healing explore their personal and professional experiences in order to uncover the underlying principles on which all healing rests. Rather than focusing on diverse techniques, the writers seek the golden thread that ties together the wide range of approaches to healing.
In simple, direct language, the contributors explore the complex nature of healing from many viewpoints. We hear from physicians, psychologists, nurses, metaphysical healers, and shamans.
Their topics include:
- what healing really is and how it takes place
- the power of the healer within
- what to look for in a healer
- the function of spirituality in healing
- the dramatic effects of the healing relationship
- the role of attitudes and emotions
- love as a healing force
- healing and death
The result is a grand synthesis of heartfelt thinking that offers a treasury of profound insights for people in the healing professions, people who seek to develop their own healing capacities, people who wish to benefit from healers, and anyone interested in the magical properties of human relationships.