To reach all your math students, use your braina??and theirs, too!
This updated bestseller takes readers to the next level with new brain-friendly strategies backed by the latest research and even more ways to seamlessly incorporate what you learn about your studentsa?? developing minds into your math classroom. Discover the cognitive mechanisms for learning math, explore factors that contribute to learning difficulties, and follow a four-step teaching model that relates classroom experience to real-world applications. Features include:
- New strategies for motivating adolescents
- Integration of the arts into mathematics instruction
- New information on how technology affects attention and memory
- Expanded sections on number sense and ELL instruction
- More than 160 new references