Build confident critical thinkers who can process and articulate complex ideas in relevant, real-life contexts. The inquiry-based approach drives independent thought and helps learners explore ideas, questions and perspectives, equipping them with a higher level critical awareness. Developed directly with the IB for the current syllabus.
- Help learners confidently process, analyze and articulate complex ideas through an inquiry-based approach
- Enable reflective, critical discussion via classroom activities that provide a rich basis for guided inquiry
- Encourage an open-minded, analytical perspectives through a methodology firmly grounded in questioning
- Develop transferable critical thinking skills and enable skills application to the areas of knowledge and the wider world
- Support balanced comprehension of both the AOKs and the WOKs for a holistic understanding of how knowledge is created
- Navigate the current syllabus with a clear and logical learning pathway that takes you right from the course aims through to the assessment tasks
- Drive truly international awareness, with an overall treatment that considers ideas and perspectives from across the globe and their implications for action
- Developed directly with the IB and written by a specialist in inquiry-based learning, most closely supporting the IB approach to TOK
- Supporting Skills & Practice book builds all the essential foundations, enabling confidence right from the start
About the Series:
Oxford's IB Diploma Course Books are essential resource materials designed in cooperation with the IB to provide students with extra support through their IB studies. Course Books provide advice and guidance on specific course assessment requirements, mirroring the IB philosophy and providing opportunities for critical thinking.