Interpersonal Communication: Building Rewarding Relationships reflects the countless societal, cultural, and technological changes that have influenced the ways in which we experience, discuss, and research relationships in a variety of contexts.
Interpersonal Communication: Building Rewarding Relationships incorporates the historical and theoretical foundations of interpersonal communication, while introducing students to exciting and innovative research that has addressed the evolving practice of building and sustaining relationships.
Available in print and eBook formats, the second edition of Interpersonal Communication: Building Rewarding Relationships:
- features a NEW chapter explaining the role that emotion plays in interpersonal relationships.
- is divided into three parts: Communication Foundations and Understanding the Self, Relationship Development and Stages, and Relationship Contexts and Environments.
- now includes coverage of humanitys reliance on social media to create, sustain, and even terminate relationships.
- integrates Research in Real Life vignettes that connect contemporary studies to chapter content.
- is interactive! Self-assessment measures help readers evaluate ones own tendencies.