In the new edition of Introduction to Social Research, Keith Punch takes a fresh look at the entire research process, from formulating a research question to writing up your research. Covering qualitative, quantitative and mixed methods, the book focuses on matching research questions to appropriate methods. Offering concise, balanced coverage, this book clearly explains the underlying principles of social research and shows you how to put this understanding into practice.
The third edition includes:
- A new chapter on literature searching and reviewing
- Expanded coverage of ethics
- A new section on using the internet in research
- A range of additional student learning features
- A brand new companion website including full-text journal articles, additional case studies and video tutorials.
Available withPerusallan eBook that makes it easier to prepare for class
Perusallis an award-winning eBook platform featuringsocial annotation tools that allow students and instructors to collaboratively mark up and discuss their SAGE textbook. Backed by research and supported by technological innovations developed at Harvard University, this process of learning through collaborative annotation keeps your students engaged and makes teaching easier and more effective.Learn more.