Get up to speed on Cocoa and Objective-C, and start developing applications on the iOS and OS X platforms. If you dont have experience with Apples developer tools, no problem! From object-oriented programming to storing app data in iCloud, this book covers everything you need to build apps for the iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
Youll learn how to work with the Xcode IDE, Objective-Cs Foundation library, and other developer tools such as Event Kit framework and Core Animation. Along the way, youll build example projects, including a simple Objective-C application, a custom view, a simple video player application, and an app that displays calendar events for the user.
- Learn the application life cycle on OS X and iOS
- Work with the user-interface system in Cocoa and Cocoa Touch
- Use AV Foundation to display video and audio
- Build apps that let users create, edit, and work with documents
- Store data locally with the file system, or on the network with iCloud
- Display lists or collections of data with table views and collection views
- Interact with the outside world with Core Location and Core Motion
- Use blocks and operation queues for multiprocessing