Dive hands-on into the tools, techniques, and information for making your own analog synthesizer. If youa??re a musician or a hobbyist with experience in building electronic projects from kits or schematics, this do-it-yourself guide will walk you through the parts and schematics you need, and how to tailor them for your needs. Author Ray Wilson shares his decades of experience in synth-DIY, including the popular Music From Outer Space (MFOS) website and analog synth community.
At the end of the book, youa??ll apply everything youa??ve learned by building an analog synthesizer, using the MFOS Noise Toaster kit. Youa??ll also learn what it takes to create synth-DIY electronic music studio. Get started in the fun and engaging hobby of synth-DIY without delay.
With this book, youa??ll learn:
- The differences between analog and digital synthesizers
- Analog synthesizer building blocks, including VCOs, VCFs, VCAs, and LFOs
- How to tool up for synth-DIY, including electronic instruments and suggestions for home-made equipment
- Foundational circuits for amplification, biasing, and signal mixing
- How to work with the MFOS Noise Toaster kit
- Setting up a synth-DIY electronic music studio on a budget