A COMPLETE INTRODUCTORY TEXT TO THE FIELD OF PHARMACOGENOMICS
A Doody's Core Title for 2017!
The only pharmacogenomics resource to feature a global author team comprised of PharmDs, MDs, PhDs and social scientists, Pharmacogenomics offers an essential, highly accessible survey of this dynamic discipline. You will find thorough coverage of all need-to-know topics, from individual molecules to systemic diseases, plus anexamination of the latest technologies that are constantly reshaping the field. Pharmacogenomics is cohesively organized into two sections, the first of which reviewsbasic aspects of pharmacogenomics, including ethics, regulatory, science, and drug metabolism, along with a mini course in molecular genetics and testing. The second section highlights the practical application of pharmacogenomics in cardiovascular medicine, immunology, neurology, and other specialties.
- Important overview of general pharmacogenomics and pharmacogenetics concepts, including geneticvariation in signal transduction and targets, plus a review of the genetic concepts of pharmacogenomics
- Discussion of regulatory considerations in pharmacogenomics
- Focus on the role of health care professionals along with a review of related privacy issues,as well as broader ethical, legal, and social considerations
- In-depth chapters on drug metabolism and transporters
- Practical, step-by-step guidance on public access to pharmacogenomic testing and patient counseling
- Up-to-date coverage of non-genetic influences on pharmacogenomics
- Emphasis on gene-drug interactions
- Numerous tables and figures
- Chapter-ending references
- Concise learning objectives at the beginning of each chapter
- Case studies to familiarize you with the clinical relevance of pharmacogenomics in each specialty