Saunders Nursing Survival Guide: Pharmacology, 2nd Edition is a study and review aid that provides students with additional information on this extensive and difficult subject area. It offers a visual, interactive approach that clearly explains topics such as drug pharmacodynamics, pharmacotherapeutics, and pharmacokinetics. Visual cues help the student retain the information by expressing the material in a fun, engaging manner with activities created to appeal to students with different learning styles. NCLEX?? review questions are included at the end of each chapter review and test the students' understanding of key topics.
- Take Home Points highlight the most important points to study or use in the clinical atmosphere.
- Caution Notes alert readers to urgent information about dangerous conditions and how to avoid them.
- Lifespan Notes point out age-related variations in signs and symptoms, nursing interventions, and patient teaching.
- Culture Notes highlight possible variations related to a patient's cultural background.
- WebLinks direct readers to the Internet for additional resources.
- New introductory chapter highlights information on Drug Concepts pertinent to pharmacology.
- New chapter on drugs used to treat neuropsychiatic disorders covers the most important drugs, including anxiolytics/sedative-hypnotics, antidepressants, antipsychotics, and mood stabilizers.
- New information on anti-migraine medications gives students a better understanding of pain relief for patients.
- Revised cardiovascular section presents the material in a more streamlined approach.
- Revised NCLEX?? review questions include new alternate item format questions, as well as 80 new questions.
- What You WILL LEARN familiarizes students with clear chapter objectives.
- Tell Us What YOU Think page directs students to the Saunders Nursing Survival Guide survey site where their feedback is gathered.