In this fully expanded and updated new edition, leading theologian Alister E. McGrath brings together key theological readings to provide a concise and balanced introduction to the Christian faith.
- Readings are drawn from a broad theological spectrum and includes both historical and contemporary, mainstream and cutting-edge approaches
- Provides an introduction and analysis of each reading, along with a helpful glossary
- Uses the Apostle's Creed as a framework to introduce readers to writings on key issues, such as faith, God, Jesus, creation, and salvation
- Includes a new section on the Holy Spirit and increased coverage of contemporary theology
- Encourages readers to interact with each text and to engage with primary sources
- Serves as an ideal companion to the bestselling textbook, Theology: The Basics, but can also be used as a concise, stand-alone reader
Theology: The Basic Readings is an essential guide to the major topics in Christian theology.