Understanding Theology and Popular Culture is one of the first books to give an overview of the key issues and methods in this field of study.
- Provides a detailed introduction to key theories and debates in popular cultural studies
- Presents a reasoned argument about the distinctive contribution that theology can make to the study of popular culture
- Illustrated through a range of original case studies, from Eminem to The Simpsons
- Suitable for both beginning students and more advanced researchers.
- The author has created the Theology and Popular Culture Gateway which is one of the first academic Internet gateways for the study of theology and contemporary culture.