A modern classic, updated for todaya??s classroom needs
No skill is more fundamental to our studentsa?? education than reading. And no recent book has done more to advance our understanding of the neuroscience behind this so-critical skill than David Sousaa??s How the Brain Learns to Read.
Top among the second editiona??s many new features are:
- Correlations to the Common Core State Standards
- A new chapter on how to teach for comprehension
- Much more on helping older struggling readers master subject-area content
- Ways to tailor strategies to the unique needs of struggling learners
- Key links between how the brain learns spoken and written language