Don't live in fear of math any longer.
Math Magic makes math what you may never have imagined it to be: easy and fun!
Scott Flansburg -- the Human Calculator who believes that there are no mathematical illiterates, just people who have not learned how to make math work for them -- demonstrates how everyone can put their phobia to rest and deal with essential every-day mathematical calculations with confidence. This is the book for millions of otherwise successful adults who are afraid to balance their checkbooks and don't know how to figure interest on savings or credit, and for the millions of students who dread their math classes and live in fear of the SAT math section.
In Math Magic, Scott Flansburg shows the reader how to:
- Master the basics, including the real way addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division work
- Simplify calculations through estimation
- Quick-check answers
- Convert metric measures to more familiar ones
- Figure tips, taxes, and percentages -- never get short-changed again!
- Master algebra using the nine easy steps to algebra
Math Magic is for all of us who need and want to improve our understanding of math. With the help of Flansburg, the Guinness World Record holder as the Fastest Human Calculator, you can do math just like magic.