Take the 30-Day Vegan Challenge and see the difference a plant-based diet makes in your life! Whether you want to improve your overall health, shed a few pounds, demonstrate your compassion for animals, or help the environment, Colleen Patrick-Goudreau, dubbed The Vegan Martha Stewart by VegNews magazine, holds your hand every step of the way, giving you the tools, resources, and recipes you need to make the vegan transition - healthfully, joyfully, and deliciously. In this one-stop, comprehensive guide, Patrick-Goudreau:
- debunks common nutrition myths and explains the best sources of such nutrients as calcium, protein, iron, and omega-3 fatty acids
- helps you become a savvy shopper, eat healthfully affordably, restock your kitchen, read labels, and prepare nutrient-rich meals without feeling overwhelmed
- offers practical strategies for eating out, traveling, hosting holiday gatherings, and attending social events
- provides delicious, nutrient-rich, easy plant-based recipes
- empowers you to experience the tangible and intangible benefits of living a healthy, compassionate life, including achieving healthful numbers for cholesterol, blood pressure, weight, and more.